I had a privilege to grew up in a very artistic environment with my Father as a painter and etching master and my Mother as a journalist and an exquisite artist herself. As a girl I spent a lot of time at my father’s studio. I adored the smell of graphic paints, the sound of a brush dipping into water, looking at all these colors coming to life, floating, changing, dancing under my Father’s hand. And just us, being there in momentum, painting in silence. It was pure magic then and it is still today. Even more so. Nowadays I do magic too 🙂
I believe photography in an exceptional medium. And the camera – oh, this machine that makes wonders! It’s like a magic box you always wanted as a child. The thing I love best with photography is that it has this invisible power to open doors to different worlds, you get to go places and meet people you otherwise never would. It gives you an option to document life as real as it is and keep this moment like forever! (talking about magic right?) But then it also allows you to go completely beyond real life into the world of imagination and dancing light, emotions, symbolism and dreams. I’m telling ya – it’s magic!
I have been working as a fineart and documentary photographer since 2010. In this new decade of 2020 I opened my very own studio, a place where nothing is impossible. A place of beauty, serenity and – you guess it – magic!
I love doing boudoir since I love the shapes and scapes of women’s bodies and souls. I believe the woman’s body is the utmost perfect thing mother nature ever created. And all the flaws we see as imperfections of our bodies, well, I see them as scars of life. We all have them. And they are perfect! They make us – us. I just want to show you how beautiful they are, though this might sound like a pointless cliche. I do my best for you to embrace yourself. You need too. Cause the world needs powerful women. Cause after all, we are the temple of life. And of good. Well, most of the time 🙂
Since an early age I’ve been overwhelmed by music, therefore – logically – I also work as an in-house photographer for one of the greatest music venues in Slovenia – Kino Šiška.
In my commercial work for various clients, I’m known for a different aesthetic that I draw from the art world. Even in usual events and moments I seek to capture an aesthetically pleasing form and composition.
On exclusive and technically demanding photography (like interiors, product photography, etc.) I work in tandem with my brother Vid – a true master of light.
I have participated in several solo and group photography exhibitions, including Jakopič Gallery (Ljubljana, Slovenia), Carinthian Gallery of Fine Arts (Slovenj Gradec, Slovenia), Coastal Galleries Piran (Piran, Slovenia), Fluss Gallery and Photon Gallery (Vienna, Austria), and Schiffahrtmuseum, (Flensburg, Germany).
I’ve been awarded several times for my works.
Before having children I traveled obsessively and extensively – both for work and privately to please my nomadic and adventurous soul.
In 2019 I’m open to travel within EU. From September 2020 I can travel worldwide.
I work and live with my two greatest teachers, daughter Dunja and son Gaber near Kamnik, Slovenia.
- 2009, “An eye for an eye”, Jakopič gallery, Ljubljana, Slovenia, group exhibition
- 2010, “Life”, Dom starostnikov, Slovenj Gradec, Slovenia, solo exhibition
- 2011, “Bus”, Slovenj Gradec, Trg svobode, inštalacija “Avtobus”, Slovenia, group exhibition
- 2011, “Molimo vas za malo pažnje”, Beograd, Serbia, group exhibition
- 2011, “Book”, Koroška osrednja knjižnica dr. Franca Sušnika, Ravne na Koroškem, Slovenia, group exhibition
- 2011, “Zmagovalna dela natečaja Slovenske fotografinje se predstavijo/The winning works of the Slovenian Photography Contest”, Jesenice, Slovenia, group exhibition
- 2012, “Winning works of Slovenia Press Photo 2012”, Ljubljana, Slovenia, group exhibition
- 2012, “Winning works of Slovenia Press Photo 2012”, Tokio, China, group exhibition
- 2012, “Trenutek/Moment”, Koroška Galerija Likovnih umetnosti, Slovenj Gradec, Slovenia, group exhibition
- 2013, “The amber road”, Fluss Gallery, Vienna, Avstrija, group exhibition
- 2013, “Avtoportretni akt/Selfportrait nude”, Maistrova, Maribor, Slovenija, group exhibition
- 2013, “Intereference Metafor”, Slovenj Gradec, Slovenia, permanent exhibition
- 2013, “THE AMBER RAOD SHOW”, FOTOFORUM WEST, Innsbruck, Austria, group exhibition
- 2014, “The Amber Road Show”, Schifffahrtsmuseum, Flensburg, Germany, group exhibition
- 2014, “Nasvidenje, Piran!/Goodbye, Piran!”, Avditorij Portorož, Slovenia, group exhibition
- 2014, “Nasvidenje Piran!/Goodbye, Piran!”, Obalne galerije Piran, Slovenia, solo&group exhibition
- 2015, “The Amber Road Show”, Photon Gallery, Vienna, Austria, group exhibition
- 2015, “Ure/Hours”, Galerija Ravne na Koroškem, Ravne na Koroškem, Slovenia, solo&group exhibition
- 2015, “Sodobna umetnost na Koroškem/Contemporary art in Carinthia ”, Galerija likovnih umetnosti Slovenj Gradec, Slovenj Gradec, Slovenia, selected works, group exhibition
- 2015, “The Amber Road Show”, Kaunas Photo 2015, Vilnius, Lithuania, group exhibition
- 2016, “Sodobna umetnost na Koroškem/Contemporary art in Carinthia”, Klagenfurt, Austria, group exhibition
- 2017, “Me/Us”, Kranj, Slovenia, solo&group exhibition (Katja Goljat, Nadja Stare, Kaja Brezočnik)
- 2017, “Tu in tam/Here and there”, KUD France Prešeren, Ljubljana, Slovenia, group exhibition
- 2017, “Živela umetnost”, skenografija, čajnica PEČ, Slovenj Gradec, Slovenia, group exhibition
- 2019, KŠ X – Galerija na prostem, Kino Šiška, Ljubljana, Slovenia, group exhibition
- 2020, “Fotografije”, Galerija Lek, Ljubljana, solo exhibition